Search This Blog

Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Hawn Foundation - MindUP

I wanted to let you all know about a great curriculum you can download for mindfulness meditation for kids.  It is based on research in neuroscience - here is a link and what some have to say about the program:

http://www.thehawnfoundation.org/program/testimonials/

What Researchers Say about MindUP™
“I must say I was skeptical at first. But I was surprised when I saw how quickly the kids (and then the teachers) bought into the program and practices. The kids just got it right away, and they seemed hungry for something that would help them manage the stresses in their life.”
-Kimberly Schonert-Reichl, Associate Professor of Education at University of British Columbia

What Teachers Say about MindUP™
“The program is amazing! I loved the activities you included in the senses activities. The kids were involved in lots of hands-on activities that would appeal to anyone. The questions for discussions were really clear for teachers. I like the step by step easy to use set up of the program.”
–Nicole, Kindergarten teacher

“When we had parent teacher interviews, I heard over and over how the children brought this home and taught other members of the family to use the techniques.”
-Jen, grade 4 - 7 teacher of students with learning disabilities and behavior challenges

No comments:

Post a Comment